- Like us on Facebook!
Top 10 Famous Films We Pretend To Have Seen
British video rental service LOVEFiLM recently held a survey to find out whether British people ever lied about seeing films they hadn’t. Here are the results.
Surprisingly enough 80% admitted that they pretended to have seen them, and here you can see the top 10 movies which is lied most about. On the top you have the great and well-known Godfather. If this movie hadn’t been mentioned so many times in general movie culture and connected to being a real man, it would probably had a somewhat lower position. So goes for all the other others, they are all very popular.
What movie do you pretend to have seen when someone asks?
10. The Great Escape. This movie was a major success and it definitely made a star out of Steve McQueen. It’s shown regularly on British TV, especially during periods such as Christmas, and is mostly enjoyed by male viewers.
8. Blade Runner. This 1982 American science fiction film has become a cult classic throughout the years. It was described as “culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant”. This film has been shown in 7 different version for various markets because of controversial changes made by film executives.
=8 Goodfellas. a mobsters movie that has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from critics. It was nominated for six Academy Awards, and won several British awards. Director Scorsese had to remove ten frames of blood in order to ensure an R rating from the MPAA, even though he wanted the violence to be “cold, unfeeling and horrible.”
7. Apocalypse Now. Considered as “culturally, historically and aesthetically significant” this war film was selected for preservation by the National Film Registry in 2000. It drew attention for its lengthy and troubled production, because some of the actors had health problems, and several times the set was ruined caused by horrible weather.
6. This Is Spinal Tap. This American 1984 rock musical mockumentary is a parody of rock documentaries, and it’s considered as one of the best films of 1984. A rock fan or not, this is a very popular movie that most people claim to have seen.
5. Reservoir Dogs. Well-known Tarantino movie where he got his debut as a director. It hadn’t much promotion but it grew to a enormous success. In 2006 a game based on the movie was released but shortly after banned some places for its violence.
4. 2001: Space Odyssey. Today some critics claim that this Stanley Kubrick 1968 movie is one of the best ever made. It is known for its scientific realism, special effects, and provocatively ambiguous imagery.
3. Taxi Driver. Ranked as the 52nd greatest American film ever made, and Robert De Niro in the main role as a depressed Vietnam veteran, this film is really seen by almost anyone it seems. Jodie Foster was only 13 when participating in this movie.
2. Casablanca. This 1942 A-list film was actually nothing out of the ordinary, but it grew into a sensation during all these years, and won 3 Academy Awards as deserved. The movie cast was remembered for its internationalism, because only three of the actors were born in the U.S.
1. The Godfather. Listed as one of the greatest films ever made this American gangster movie with its two sequels had great impact on the public at large and it still has. People refer to the movie in real life, and even other movies mentions The Godfather. No wonder people claim they’ve seen this movie, it would almost be considered a disaster if they didn’t.