- Like us on Facebook!
10 Romantic Films Guys Can Watch
Watching romantic movies are never on a guy’s list of favorite things to see when it’s movie night, but still there are some romantic films he would tolerate seeing with his partner.
You see, a man will not watch a romantic chick flick unless it’s funny, has some shooting, maybe a car-chase, and some girls in bikinis. If it doesn’t contain that he will find the movie boring and his mind will wander away easily. But no worries ladies, I have found a list of romantic films that your man will actually enjoy watching with you.
10. Overboard (1987) is a funny movie where Kurt Russel as a carpenter takes revenge on being mistreated by Goldie Hawn which plays a very rich woman, by taking advantage of her memory loss to make her believe he is her husband. Lots of fun until she remembers who she is.
9. Romancing the Stone (1984), this movie contains a lot of adventure and action, yet romance between Michael Douglas as American swashbuckling hero, and Kathleen Turner as a romance novelist from New York.
8. Always (1989) a Steven Spielberg movie where Richard Dreyfuss plays a ghost who has to see how his friend is falling in love with a girl that was his girlfriend when he was alive. Very touching, but it’s a fantasy movie so it contains some action.
7. 50 First Dates (2004) the guys like Adam Sandler, and the girls Drew Barrymore. With some comedy, both can enjoy watching this romantic flick. The woman that is played by Drew Barrymore has a short term memory loss, so every date with one guy is like her first one.
6. The Proposal (2009) a hilarious movie where Sandra Bullock as a Canadian editor for a NY publishing company is forcing herself to marry her assistant played by Ryan Reynolds, or else she will get kicked out US because of her expired visa.
5. Wedding Crashers (2005), Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn as divorce mediators share a strange hobby where they crash all kinds of weddings which gives them a lot of fun and a lot of girls until one of them falls in love. It’s not very romantic, has a lot of humor and hooking up with girls which is a plus.
4. Elizabethtown (2005) Orlando Bloom as a depressed designer meets a quick-witted flight attendant played by Kirsten Dunst, and they fall in love with each other at the end.
3. Punch-Drunk Love (2002) a mentally ill businessman played by Adam Sandler goes on a romantic journey with a mysterious woman. A lot happens and it’s funny too.
2. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) a romantic fantasy movie where a couple played by Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet is trying to erase each other from the memory when their relationship gets bad. Through the process of erasing they realize what they are missing and how important they are to each other.
1. (500) Days of Summer (2009), at the beginning of the movie the narrator says “this is not a love story” but it turns out to be “story about love”. Zooey Deschanel as a young woman who doesn’t believe in love, but then a guy played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt falls for her. A modern movie with great humor everyone would love.